This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Uninstall Previous Version

I have configured patch manager to push out the latest Java.  I edited the package to uninstall the previous version of Java, but it is not working.  I changed the switch that was being used from /qb to  /x and ran the command msiexec /x {poductcode} and Java 8.151 was unnstalled.  However when I check the computer for updates, Java 8.162 is installed and 8.151 is not installed.  Any ideas of how to fix this?

• I figured out what was happening.  When I made the changes to the Java package to do the uninstall, I published the changes thinking that was enough.  After Windows Updates installed the update, I looked in the c:\windows\softwaredistribution folder in the downloads folder.  There was the executable for the Java update and the other files in the package.  The date modified on the XML file was 2 days ago.  I opened the file and none of the changes that I made where there. I published the package again, but this time I chose to delete the package first.  This corrected my issue.