This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to provision WSUS for 3rd party updates.

When we first installed version 4, we were able to push 3rd party updates (specifically, Adobe 9.1 from the sample catalog). Now that we've updated the WSUS server with SP2, we can no longer push third party.

When we tried using the Server Publishing Verification Wizard, we got the following errors:

For our Publishing WSUS Server:

Exception occured at 9/2/2009 10:00:16 AM: A duplicated was found and cannot be added to the results. The object key was...

For our EminentWare Server:

The server has the required certificates for publishing. There is a version mismatch between the WSUS Server version 3.2.7600.226 and the EminentWare server WSUS API version 3.1.6001.65

• The EminentWare Publishing has a Server Verification wizard.

This wizard verifies that we have a homogenous system from a version perspective on the WSUS servers and components.

You will want to upgrade the EminentWare Server WSUS console only installation (assuming the EW server is not co-located on the WSUS Server) to 3.0 SP2.

Once this is complete, I would stop the EminentWare service and restart it and the EW console.

• I have done the update, yet I am still unable to publish 3rd party as before.

When I run the Server Publishing Verification Wizards I get the following:

Exception occured at ... : A duplicate object was found and cannot be added to the results. The object key was... root/

Exception occured at ... : A duplicate object was found and cannot be added to the results. The object key was... _ca/

Every time I go to publish a package, I am told the WSUS server is not provisioned for publishing.

• Hi,

please go to the WSUS Server node itself in the tree control and select refresh.

A refresh dialog should appear and it will take a few to refresh the WSUS server information.

Once the refresh is complete, go to publish, select the WSUS server.

If the WSUS Server is provisioned (e.g it has a certificate), then you should be able to continue and publish the package.

If this doesnt address your issue, please send us your contact information to customersupport@eminentware.com and we will contact you directly,