cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Third Party Updates Configuration Wizard Fails

We just upgraded to the lastest version of SolarWinds Patch Manager (1.72.218.2) so that we could take advantage of the 3rd Party Updates Pack which, per communications from SolarWinds, we are now entitled. The upgrade went fine and when I select View Product Licensing from the console I can see that we are indeed licensed for the Third Party Update Pack. However, when I run the Third Party Updates Configuration Wizard I'm getting errors stating that the vendor catalogs cound not be downloaded because access is denied. Here is the detail I get from the failed update synchronization:

Name:    EminentWare Update Catalog
Result:    Failed
Started:    2/23/2012 10:32:14 AM
Finished:    2/23/2012 10:32:31 AM
Type:    Manual
Message:    Although the catalog (EminentWare Update Catalog) was successfully downloaded, the catalog could not be read. Reason: Access is denied Stack Trace: at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.UtilClassFactory.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.SetupInfo.GetInstallDirectory() at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.Internal.UpdateServicesPackage.Verify(String packageFile) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.Internal.UpdateServicesPackage.Save(String packageFile) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.Internal.UpdateServicesPackage.Verify() at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.Internal.UpdateServicesPackage..ctor(IXPathNavigable sdpNavigator, Boolean validateXml) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.SoftwareDistributionPackage..ctor(IXPathNavigable sdpNode) at EminentWare.BusinessObjectLayer.SoftwarePackage.Catalog.Read(String fqpathtofile) at EminentWare.DataGridServer.Executive.DownloadManager.ProcessCatalog(DownloadRequest downloadrequest, EminentWareUpdateSynchronizationSettings settings, SortedList`2 incomingvendors)
New Updates:    0
Revised Updates:    0
ID:    a5bff589-de88-4822-ae92-f8fa0c006707
Expired Updates:    0
New Security Updates:    0
New Critical Updates:    0
Expired Security Updates:    0
Expired Critical Updates:    0
Revised Security Updates:    0
Revised Critical Updates:    0
Products with Security Updates:   
Products with Critical Updates:   
Has Changes:    False

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 7

Has this been resolved?  I am experiencing the same issue on Patch Manager 1.85.474.0.  I have put in exceptions on my AV and even completely disabled with no luck.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,  access to 3rd Party Updates is a two-step process.  Licensing is one, and access using a valid website user ID is the other.  'pbolt' has now been granted access.

Thank you,
-tonya

0 Kudos

I am still unable to get this to work. According to your documentation I should be prompted for a valid user ID to the EminentWare Community website when I run the Third Party Updates Configuration Wizard but I am not. When I run the wizard it skips that screen and takes me to the proxy settings screen. I am unable to find anywhere to set this configuration.

Any ideas?

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

The requirement for you to provide a website login in that wizard just changed in the latest version (1.72.xxx.x) that you've installed.  It no longer requires one.

Regarding your initial issue ("The catalog could not be read ...  Access is Denied") when synchronizing the catalog:  The most likely culprit here is Anti-Virus.

Is it possible to temporarily disable that?  If not, you may create a temporary exception in your antivirus software for your \temp folder and its subfolders/contents to test that out.

-Kelly

0 Kudos

I created an exception as you recommended but we continue to recieve the same error.

-Patrick

0 Kudos

We would really like to start using the 3rd Party Update Pack. Is there any additional information I can provide which might help to resolve this issue?

Patrick

0 Kudos