This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

Hi,

I'm a new administrator of Patch Manager and am still trying to get the configuration finalised before I start using it.

I have configured the Proxy Settings in the Synchronization Settings for 3rd party updates options and I successfully synchronize the catalogs.

However when I click Download Content I get "Adobe Reader 11.0.0.379 (Upgrade) failed. Download failed. The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required."

It's the same for all packages.

I can go to Internet Explorer and download the package manually by putting in the download URL.

Why is the DOwnload Content failing with a 407 ?

Thanks

Phil

• Greetings Phil

There are actually two settings for proxy settings in Patch Manager .. one for tasks initiated from the Patch Manager server (such as catalog synchronizations), and one for tasks initiated from the console -- such as content downloads. These are separate settings to faciliate the scenario where the console and server may actually have different proxy targets.

To configure the Console Proxy Settings, select the Administration and Reporting node, select the General Settings page, and double-click on Proxy Configuration to open the Console Proxy Settings dialog.

You can find both proxy configuration procedures in the section Configuring Proxy Settings on page 24 of the Patch Manager Administrator Guide.

• Thanks very much LGarvin. This has fixed the issue for me.

Cheers

Phil.