cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Solarwinds, Windows 10 & Adobe Flash

Jump to solution

Adobe Flash has been updating through Windows Update since version 10 was released. Is there any reason to be pushing Adobe Flash through Patch Manager to Windows 10 PC's? To publish Adobe Flash msi files I have to apply with Adobe to get access to those updates and manually publish the files. I'm thinking I don't need to do all of that with my Win10 network.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Level 10

This is true for Windows 10, IE11, Edge, and Chrome updates for Flash, if you have Mozilla Firefox installed (or some other browser that doesn't have flash included), you will need to continue to push Flash to these machines, since Flash isn't included in the Firefox updates.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Happy to announce that the Patch Manager catalog now includes Flash PPAPI installers.

-Jamie

Level 9

I just tried to publish the latest Flash PPAPI, and it still seems to require we download the file and edit the package in order to publish. Am I missing something you saw in the software list Jamie?

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have had to this a couple times myself.

0 Kudos
Level 11

It is also worth noting that Chrome will soon stop shipping with their Flash plugin embedded. You will need to install the PPAPI plugin from Adobe as well as the NPAPI plugn for Firefox.

Level 10

This is true for Windows 10, IE11, Edge, and Chrome updates for Flash, if you have Mozilla Firefox installed (or some other browser that doesn't have flash included), you will need to continue to push Flash to these machines, since Flash isn't included in the Firefox updates.

View solution in original post

Level 9

That would explain why I still have users asking me about an Adobe Flash updater that is still popping up on their screens from time to time. It must be when they open Firefox that is happening. I didn't know where that was coming from after I started using Windows 10.

Thanks Dang! You answered two questions for me.