This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL database moving to a new server

All,

We are in the process of upgrading our SQL environment to 2017 and this will require a server cluster. I was told that there is an EminentWare database as well as a Susdb database. I found the SUSDB registry entry to change to the new server instance, but can't find the EminentWare SQL string? Is anyone aware of where I should be looking for this? I need to make the change as it will be a completely different server name and instance.

Thanks in advance.

• Its in the following location in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EminentWare\Data Grid Service

Look at the ConnectionString Entry:

pastedImage_0.png

Data Source=DBServer\Instance;Initial Catalog=EminentWare;Integrated Security=True

"DBServer\Instance" should be the database and instance where Patch Manager is currently stored.

Here is a document that discusses it further:

Success Center

Just be aware you cannot use an existing database with new install.. The database is keyed to the install.