This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Proper way to reference 'Program Files (x86)' on x64 machines

For one of my packages, the only usable Installed Rules item is the version check of an executable. The target machines are all x64 (Win7 Pro x64), and the app is x86. In this case, it's Foxit Enterprise PDF Reader. The rule is checking the executable's version to see if it matches that of the package. If so, the target has the latest version, and installation should not occur.

The file is located at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\Foxit Reader.exe''. The whitespace of the executable's name is intentional, though I dislike it emoticons_happy.png. Here is the version info:

FoxItEXEVersion.JPG

Can someone take a look at the logic of the below rule and tell me if I'm properly referencing the location of the file?

FoxitInstalledRule.JPG

For reference, the full value of the Path: field is ..\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\Foxit Reader.exe

I'm mainly concerned that the path is properly configured. I set it up this way based on an old EW tech's recommendation from a few months ago. However, I had to delay this package for a while and am now returning to it.

Thanks in advance!

Jay