This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Patch Manager not detecting iTunes on clients

I keep having trouble with Patch Manager not detecting iTunes on the clients. I have iTunes 12.5.4.42 on the clients and there is an update for 12.5.5.5 available and published in Patch Manager.

I have published both 64 & 86 (upgrade) files. Patch Manager though reports no detection of iTunes on any clients. It had a count several days ago of the PC with iTunes installed and now it's back to 0.

Any advise on why this might be happening?

• edjferg wrote:

I keep having trouble with Patch Manager not detecting iTunes on the clients. I have iTunes 12.5.4.42 on the clients and there is an update for 12.5.5.5 available and published in Patch Manager.

I have published both 64 & 86 (upgrade) files. Patch Manager though reports no detection of iTunes on any clients. It had a count several days ago of the PC with iTunes installed and now it's back to 0.

Any advise on why this might be happening?

Usually with itunes, the Apple Application Support needs to be installed first. Install both the 32 and 64 bit versions on the workstations and then you will be able to detect itunes being needed. Here is the description for the latest Itunes : "Description

Upgrade only. This package requires previous version of iTunes and Apple Application Support 5.3.1 (both 32bit and 64bit) or greater already be installed. If you do not have Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour or Quicktime installed, you may receive a warning dialog upon opening iTunes for the first time. If using this version of iTunes with Apple Mobile Device Support (AMDS), it is strongly recommended that AMDS 10.0.1.3 or greater also be used. There is an .ADM template (iTunes64bit.adm) available in Thwack to disable the auto-updating mechanism. http://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-170914"

Hope this helps.

•   Usually you have to have the specified version of Apple Application Support installed before the iTunes upgrades will show as applicable.

• I thought that might be the problem after doing some more searching on the board. Although, I couldn't get the Application Support module to download and publish. I kept hanging up on me. I'm going to try again today and see how it goes. Thank you for your responses.

• This is happening to me again today. When I try to download and publish the Application Support files, it hangs at 93KB.

•   I manually download the iTunes software from Apple and then extract the Apple Application Support installers. Then I edit the packages and point them to these local copies. Then publish, approve and install without any issues.

• Looks like I will have to do that too. I cannot get it to download on it's own.

• Yep, stcain said it best there, thats how its done