This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Patch Manager Sync - Key already exists

Steps to reproduce:

Admin & Reporting > Software Publishing > Right click (or from action panel) > Synchro Settings

Immediately pops an error "Unable to retrieve Patch Manager Update Settings. Once you close that, I get the normal Third Party Update Options box but can't set anything in any tab as trusted publishers is blank and won't let you save.

The error:

Key already exists, key: SolarWinds Update Catalog\PuTTY

Source: Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinTree.v10.3

Exception occurred at 1/17/2020 10:14:59 AM: Key already exists, key: SolarWinds Update Catalog\PuTTY

Stack:    at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.UltraTree.ValidateKeyDoesNotExist(String key)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.TreeNodesCollection.ValidateKeyDoesNotExist(String key)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.TreeNodesCollection.AddNodeHelper(UltraTreeNode node, Boolean notify, Boolean internallyCreatedNode)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.TreeNodesCollection.Add(Object value)

at EminentWare.UI.Publisher.EWUpdateSynchronizationsOptionsForm.PopulateCatalogVendorProductTree(UltraTree tree, EminentWareUpdateSynchronizationSettings settings)

at EminentWare.UI.Publisher.EWUpdateSynchronizationsOptionsForm.HandleVendorsAndProducts()

at EminentWare.UI.Publisher.EWUpdateSynchronizationsOptionsForm.RetrieveConfigurationSettings()

at EminentWare.UI.Publisher.EWUpdateSynchronizationsOptionsForm.EWUpdateSynchronizationsOptionsForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I've removed the wsus server from PM (as suggested in another thread), rebooted, same result. I've even killed the PM install, SQL install, Eminantware, and reinstalled everything. It works fine until after the first long sync, then this error again.

Halps!

EDIT: Working with support. Looking like it's a problem with an update package.

Edit: *****SOLUTION*****

I got the solution today from support. Do the following:

Open Patch Manager System Configuration > Patch Manager Servers > Application Servers

Select your server on the right, then select Application Server Settings below

Find "Subscriptions" in the list, double click it to edit, remove everything in the entry so it is now empty, select OK

That should be it. If you go back to software publishing it should be able to sync now.