cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

IUpdate::LastDeploymentChangeTime property ...does it change?

Jump to solution

hi

I wonder if this iUpdate::LastDeploymentChangeTime, may change over time when new revision of the same KB becomes available?

IUpdate::LastDeploymentChangeTime property (Windows)

The reason why I ask is, if I use this property as a reliable means of identifying the original first "creation date" of a specific KB, am I safe?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution

These fields come from the *WSUS* API, not the WUA API.

You cannot get update metadata from the WUA API, the only thing you can do with the WUA API is direct it to scan/download/install updates.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms744624(v=vs.85).aspx

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 17

The term "Deployment" in the vernacular of WSUS refers to *APPROVALS*.... so the LastDeploymentChangeTime will change anytime the Approval state of an update is changed.

This would occur when a revision is posted because the approvals are shifted from the older revision to the newer revision.

Your better bet for identifying the original first creation date of a specific KB is to use the actual creation date.

From the public views this would be found in the field CreationDate in PUBLIC_VIEWS.vUpdate

From the API that would be IUpdate::CreationDate.

You could also use IUpdate::ArrivalDate if you're more interested in when the update was inserted in your WSUS database rather than when it was authored.

0 Kudos

Thanks Garvin

I see. Then I have already making a mistake of using LastDeploymentChangeTime !

If I have only ( and can only use) wuaapi (v2.0.50727), of which does not seems to have any property close enough to CreationDate in any of the interface, what can I do?

I hope I search and look through enough the wuaapi MSDN help and IUpdate...IUpdate5...

thanks

Ben

0 Kudos

These fields come from the *WSUS* API, not the WUA API.

You cannot get update metadata from the WUA API, the only thing you can do with the WUA API is direct it to scan/download/install updates.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms744624(v=vs.85).aspx

View solution in original post

0 Kudos