This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How Often does SolarWinds Patch Manager update it's 3rd Party Update Library...

I have noticed that the 3rd Party Updates available on SolarWinds Patch Manager always seems to be a few versions behind. Is this by design or am I not connecting properly. As of right now, the latest version of Java available by SolarWinds is v8u51 from 07/15/2015.

Thanks!

Jayson

• You must not be syncing properly. I have 8u65 and 8u66 that I pulled down from SolarWinds last week.

Capture.JPG

Make sure under Administration and Reporting\Software Publishing choose Synchronization Settings on the right side after highlighting Software Publishing and then select Sun packages under the Subscription tab.

Capture.JPG

• Thank you for the quick response. I did verify that I was subscribed to the updates. I figured out that I was receiving the following sync error:

Capture.JPG

This message appears to point to the proxy we are using. However, I did verify that the proxy settings were correct, and I didn't see it as being blocked on the proxy. I was able to manually download the .cab libraries on that same server with no issues. I imported them and got all the latest updates.

Any known issues with the proxy? Maybe something I overlooked? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jayson

• I don't use the proxy settings here but a quick search of the Patch Manager forums says there are 2 places where you have to configure the proxy settings. One is under the Synchronization Settings. This one is for synchronizing updates.

Capture.JPG

The other one is under Administration and Reporting->General Settings->Proxy Configuration. This one is for intranet/internet downloading.

Capture.JPG