This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Flash Player ActiveX 12.0.0.77 issue

FormerMember
FormerMember

Adobe made a mistake yesterday releasing 12.0.0.77, but the file for the ActiveX version was actually 12.0.0.70.  I added to Patch Manager not knowing it was the last version.  Thus the update was installing repeatedly on client computers. 

I expired the update.  I deleted the downloaded content.  I even deleted the package.  Then I synchronized, added the correct installer file to the package, published and approved.  The installer is correct (I manually installed on one computer and it did upgrade 12.0.0.70 to 12.0.0.77).  That said, the package coming form WSUS is still pushing the 12.0.0.70 package. 

What am I missing?

• When you republished the update did you duplicate the package and publish it as a new name? The Windows Update Agent caches the binary content so this could be what is being used again.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to David_Di_Blasio

No.  That makes sense as to why the issue was happening.

I found another work around, I expired the Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.77 EXE (Upgrade) and published and approved the Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.77 MSI (Upgrade) instead.  This worked.

Thanks for the help, I now know how to properly fix the issue if it arises again in the future and I do not have an EXE/MSI package option/workaround.