This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature Request: Date or Recency limitations on catalog Synchronizations and auto-publishing tasks

I am a fairly new user of Patch Manager, but I recently learned that its impossible currently to synchronize or auto-publish only the most recent updates in a catalog, rather than synchronizing or publishing the entire catalog.

For instance the Mozilla Firefox catalog has almost 8 years of updates, or about 400 updates, which would need to be replicated across multiple database instances before reaching our clients just to publish the updates from last week automatically.

I think if Patch Manager was able to filter out older updates when synchronizing, for instance only sync updates from the last 6 months, or even better only to synchronize the last few version numbers of each product.  Then auto-publishing an entire catalog wouldn't be an issue, as the catalog would only have a few updates per product.

Note: although I don't think it really impacts the issue mentioned above, I am using Patch Manager to support an SCCM instance, rather than in its natural WSUS state.