This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Delete Managed Computer that is WSUS Server

I need to delete a managed computer that is a WSUS server.  I misspelled the hostname.  How can I do that?  The instructions at the top of the screen say "...To delete these computers, select their respective view and select ?????".  The very last word is not showing on the screen, so I cannot read how to perform the function.

Thanks!

Tracy

• John Marchesini answered my question as follows:

If you navigate to ‘Enterprise > Update Services’ in the left side of the console, you should see a list of your WSUS servers appear in the top center pane.  Select the server you want to nuke, and in the bottom right pane in the console, there is a ‘Delete’ action which will blow away the server, its inventory data (if any), and it’s management group affiliation.

You can then use the ‘Update Server Registration Management’ action on the right side of the console to add the new server.  Don’t forget that you will need to add this new server to a management group via the Management Group Wizard.

Thanks John!