This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Hardware Report

I am having to run 3 reports and do some excel magic in order to get what i want, which seems to be should be pretty standard.  Wondering if I can have a custom report made?  This is what I am looking for:

Computer Name, Model, Serial Number, BIOS Version, Hard Drive, Hard Drive Size, RAM, CPU, CPU Cores, Video Card, Video Card RAM

Thanks!

-mark

• Quite likely you can build this yourself using the Report Builder.

All of those fields should be available in the datasources in the Computer (System Information) report category.

• maybe i dont understand what you mean by 'report builder'.  i have gone in an created custom reports.  however i have to create three.  one for system info, one for storage info, and one for graphics card info.  when trying to join these three together i get errors, something about mysql, join something.  maybe there is a better way to do this?

• I checked the usage in the Computer (System Information) report category and made two observations:

- The necessary fields are all avalable except there seems to be no datasource for getting Disk Information. The absence of Disk Information is IMO a design defect in the report category.

- The Report Builder does return an erroneous "multiple datasource" error in some instances. I observed this when using the Physical Memory datasource and the Video Controller datasource. This is actually a BUG, because the design of this report category is supposed to allow the use of fields from any datasource in the category.

I've sent both of these issues to Product Management for further review.

So, yes, unfortunately at this time, it does look like you're going to be constrained by externally merging three separate reports if you're using WMI Managed Computer Inventory tasks.

This reporting capability would also be available via the WSUS Asset Inventory capability, but I'm encountering the same type of "multiple datasource" errors there as well. I'm inquiring about those as well.

• Thanks Lawrence.  Wondering if we have an update on this.  Getting a nice inventory report would be handy about now.