This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

7zip third party catalog

Hi,

Is there any chance that a third party catalog could be created to track 7-zip updates please?

regards

Mike

• Considering 7-Zip hasn't been updated in nearly 3 years it probably isn't likely. Another user did upload a catalog for the current version to the content exchange though.

• Hi,

I had no idea it was that old and not being developed. Will take a look at the content exchange.

M

• As far as I know it's still being developed but there hasn't been any major changes in a very long time. The sourceforge page is still active and has a couple builds newer than what is on the 7-zip website but I consider them betas until they are officially posted to the site.

• Just to clarify, in November, 2012, we researched the possibility of including 7-Zip in the catalog, but at that time we found that the binaries for 7-Zip were not digitally signed, and opted to not include them in the catalog out of concern that the lack of digital signing would cause additional confusion. (At the time Patch Manager also had internal issues with unsigned binaries, which has since been resolved in v1.85.)

In response to the situation in Nov 2012, we posted a SAMPLE package file for v9.2 which was based on the research we did to build the detection logic for that product. v9.2 (Nov 2010) is still the current release, so I would suggest grabbing that sample package as a starting point.

Two other products that were handled in this same manner are ImgBurn v2.5.7.0 and Notepad++ 6.2 (subsequently we started packaging Notepad++ in the actual catalog and v6.5.1 was released on Monday)

• We have now added 7-Zip to our 3rd party catalog!