This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

404 Error connecting to WSUS

Hi,

I've installed the trial according to the quick start guide and when I click on the WSUS server in the console I get:

Source: Data Grid Server (ADMINAPPSRV2008)
Device: WSUS
Details: Worker Process PID: 3548 Start Time: 22/09/2010 9:45:02 AM Exception Time: 22/09/2010 9:45:23 AM
Exception occurred at 22/09/2010 9:45:23 AM: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
WSUSConnection::Unable to connect to the WSUS Server (WSUS) using the account: WSUS\administrator
The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

Any help?

Thanks

• Greetings!

The '404' attempting to connect to the WSUS Server suggests that the URL and/or Port Number configured for the WSUS Server registration in the Extension Pack is incorrect.

Most often this occurs when the server has been registered to use port 80, and the WSUS Server is actually installed on port 8530.

Please inspect the IIS installation and confirm the port number for WSUS and verify that the Extension Pack registration is configured to use that port.