This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

We have been trying to discover 6 Symbol (Motorola) spectrum24 access points with NPM.

We have confirmed countless times both the snmp version and community strings for each spectrum24 AP, however when a discovery is attempted through NPM the results come back as ICMP discovered only.

A. Has anyone had this issue, if so what did you do to remedy the situation through Solarwinds?

B. Can someone confirm if NPM has the proper mib poller for this particular vendor product?

My understanding is this is an older product and it runs on proprietary wireless standards. However though proprietary or not, it supports SNMP v1 or v2c, therefore I'm having a hard time understanding why solarwinds can ping it but not discover it via snmp? I truly appreciate any feedback on this one.