This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Updating Orion.WorldMap.Point via the Perl SDK

FormerMember
FormerMember

I've been playing with the new world maps with doing the creating, updating and deletion of points via the Perl Orion SDK. I've had success with creating points with the following:

my $data = $self->{_swis}->Create("Orion.WorldMap.Point", {Instance => 'Orion.Nodes', InstanceID => $node_id, Latitude => $lat, Longitude => $long} );

However not having much success with with updates or deletions as both of the following:

my $data = $self->{_swis}->Update($self->{_swis_url} . "/Orion.WorldMap.Point/PointId=$point_id", {Latitude => $lat, Longitude => $long} );

my $data = $self->{_swis}->Delete("swis://localhost/Orion/Orion.WorldMap.Point/Instance=Orion.Nodes,PointId=$point_id");

produce the following error:

Invalid key properties specified for entity Orion.WorldMap.Point.

Anyone got any pointers? I've got quite a large amount of location data to import and then allow updates to be carried out from our CMDB. And I also notice it's create multiple pointers for the same node.

Cheers,

Jon