This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Understanding links and the green objects shown in SWQL Studio

Hi

I am trying to understand the what the links shown in any table represent in swql studio. In the following snapshot the link with Storage Array makes sense to me as there is Storage Array ID object in the table linking this table to storage array table. The other link is Orion.srm.pools, not sure how this is linked. There are some pool capacity objects but there is no object for pool id in this table. Also i wondering what does the green objects represent?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Ahmee

• The green blocks represent inherited properties. The root type of the SWIS entity type hierarchy is System.Entity. It defines a few properties - DisplayName, Description, InstanceSiteId, InstanceType, and Uri - so all SWIS entity types will have those (because of how SWQL Studio builds that tree, an inherited property will have a blue block icon and be grouped with the non-inherited properties if the entity type has redeclared it for whatever reason).

The chain link icon marks Navigation Properties, which are a shortcut to a join. This can either be a simple foreign key join (like your StorageArrayID example) or a join through a mapping table for many-to-many relationships.

• Thanks for the answer. It all makes sense now.