This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SWQL Studio Execution Timeouts

I have been working on making a python program to run a query looking at events where a node went down. From here I am collecting the nodes which are down and looking at all net flows across the node. I want to narrow this down to all net flows across the node, over port 80, and within a certain time range of the node going down, maybe 20 minutes. The problem I am having is that when testing these queries in SWQL Studio, I am getting extremely long query times and continue receiving the error "Execution Timeout Expired." I am not sure what is causing this and it still happens when I only query for the top 1 result like this:

SELECT TOP 1 ApplicationID, DestinationHostname,  DestinationIP, Port,SourceHostname, SourceIP, TimeStamp, Description, TotalBytes, f.Node.Caption AS Node

FROM Orion.Netflow.Flows f

WHERE Port = '80'

If I take out a the "DestinationHostname", "SourceHostname", and Node selects I am able to query for thousands of rows in fractions of a second.

Any insight as to what might be causing these queries to take so long and what steps I could try next?