This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SDK Impact on Server

Hi,

I will be installing SolarWinds SDK on ServiceNow MID server (Windows), this was to do integration with ServiceNow cmdb (We dont have ServiceNow ITOM subscription).

Just want to understand, will there be any impact on server performance due to SDK?

Regards

Ajit Chaudhari

• I'm not a heavy user of the SDK but in my use I haven't seen any negative impacts. Maybe when running a detailed query it might, but I'm not that experienced to push it. What I can tell you, is that in general use (as in I don't closely monitor it via perfmon or similar) , it barely touches the CPU on our boxes and memory usage is negligible.

• Thanks for your reply  , if I understood it correctly so there wont be any performance issue on the server where SDK will be installed right?

• In our usage no, there is minimal resource usage.

But I don't know your setup so YMMV and it may be that any other app running on that server hogs resources and so adding the SDK there tips it over the edge.  But you don't blame the SDK for that.

I also believe you can run it remotely anyway.