This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report for interface availability

Hi,

I need a report for particular devices interface availability report. On x axis, device name should come and on y axis, percentage ports available. (This should be in bar graph). Where on bars for each device will show how much percentage is free or available??

Thanks in advance.

• It sounds like you're looking for a report on UDT data. My buddy (and fellow MVP) nickzourdos​ is a UDT wizard and might have something similar lying around already.

Disclaimer: If you do not have UDT, the challenge intensifies. So let us know if that's the case please.

• This can actually be done outside of the SDK with the native Orion Reports. Here's a breakdown on how to do this using UDT:

Add a Custom Table resource and use this as your content selection:

pastedImage_2.png

Add "DateTime", "Caption", and "Used Port in Percent" to the table and change the highlighted options:

pastedImage_3.png

Make sure your table is set to pull data from the last hour:

pastedImage_4.png

Taa-daa!

pastedImage_5.png

• I am new to SW. Can you please explain what is UDT??

• I am not using UDT module. Is there any other option to get the kind of report i want??

• I might have to throw this one back to zackm​ since is he a SWQL/SDK master, but what you're looking for would require a script to count the total number of managed switchports on a device (which may be tricky if you don't want to include VLAN interfaces, etc.), grab the status of each port, and do some quick math in order to return a percentage.

• What modules do you own?

• I have NPM,NCM, NTA and IPAM.

• I answered your question.

I have NPM,NCM, NTA and IPAM.

Can I have an update please.

• sorry, I was away on PTO for a bit.

without the UDT (User Device Tracker) module; the only accurate way to get a report like this would be to have NPM monitor every single physical interface on your devices. The issue being that the products you own are not designed to meet your needs in this situation. This is 100% in the scope of the UDT module, but requires some outside of the box thinking for others.

depending on the # of physical interfaces you need to account for, your NPM license size, and your overall server resources in your Orion deployment, NPM might be able to meet the challenge with a custom SQL or SWQL report. The idea would be something similar to this in SQL:

SELECT 
      x.Caption AS 'DEVICE'
      ,x.Usage AS 'INTERFACE STATUS'
      ,COUNT(x.Usage) AS 'QUANTITY'
    FROM
    (
      SELECT
        n.Caption
        ,CASE
            WHEN i.Status = 1 THEN 'USED'
            ELSE 'AVAILABLE'
        END AS 'Usage'
      FROM Nodes AS n
      JOIN Interfaces AS i ON i.NodeID = n.NodeID
    ) AS x
    GROUP BY x.Caption, x.Usage
    ORDER BY x.Caption, x.Usage
  • Looks like this will return the monitored interfaces status and its usage. Like if 2 interfaces monitored on a physical device and one is not up then this will show 1 port available in the quantity.