This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion.AlertActive verb Acknowledge and AppendNote ID definitions?

For the Orion.AlertActive verbs Acknowledge and AppendNode, the first argument is an "AlertObjectId".

What exactly is the meaning of the value "AlertObjectID" in the context of passing the appropriate value into an external REST call from an Alert Trigger action?

Via the Variables available from the Trigger Action definitions In the alert, we only see the following as available IDs.

• ${N=Alerting;M=AlertID}
  • ${N=Alerting;M=AlertDefID}
  • ${N=SwisEntity;M=NodeID}

Which of these values should be used for "AlertObjectID" when calling /Invoke/Orion.AlertActive/AppendNote and Acknowledge?

• In NPM 12 you can use ${N=Alerting;M=AlertObjectID} for this purpose. Prior versions don't have any appropriate variable.

• Hi Tim,

Thank you for the response.  It does not appear in my variable list, but I had only installed SolarWinds about a week ago.  When does/did NPM 12 come out?

I have attached the Orion Platform Details from our installation for your reference.

Thank you,

Jordan.

Orion Platform Details.pdf
  • NPM 12 is currently at the Release Candidate 3 stage. Release is imminent.

• Thank you Tim.  We'll use the "older style" for now, and move to the new verbs once NPM 12 is running at our customers site.  Appreciate the rapid response!  Cheers!

• Hi guys,

I am wondering if you can help me out with a similar query.

I want to acknowledge an alert using the Rest api on a pre v12 instance of Solarwinds. What's been causing me issues is that I am unable to ascertain what the objectId is when acknowledging an alert.

So I post to the below URL with the below Body for example. What I need to know is what is the variable for the objectId in this instance?

My intention is to have event triggered when the alert is triggered and I would like to pass these variables in a email for example using the alert manager.

URL:

https://solarwinds.mydomain.com/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Invoke/Orion.AlertStatus/Acknowledge

BODY:

1. [   
    2.   [   
    3.     {   
    4.       "DefinitionId": "F70CAB60-D451-4DBB-97D1-C84649DFC81E",   
    5.       "ObjectId": "19",   
    6.       "ObjectType": "Interface"   
    7.     }   
    8.   ]   

• Please do not post the same question to multiple threads.  I answered your question in the first thread you posted in.

• Hello  , i'm trying to use variable to retrieve AlertObjectID (AAT:xxxx) and insert it on my trigger/reset action

But the value is empty, how can i retrieve this ID ? (both ${N=Alerting;M=AlertObjectID} and ${N=Alerting;M=AlertActiveID} are empties)

(version 2020.2)

Thanks

[edit : NVM, it's empty when creating action and simulate it, but it's filled when real action is executed]