This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a connection between IPAM.IpNode and Orion.Nodes?

I think I understand they are completely different, however I might as well ask a question to clarify my understanding.

Swiss Schema for the entities in question:

solarwinds.github.io/.../Orion.Nodes.html

https://solarwinds.github.io/OrionSDK/schema/IPAM.IPNode.html

I'm using SolarWinds IPAM, and trying to research the API. I understand that some entities used in IPAM come from the core Orion namespace.

My question is, is there any connection between IPAM.IpNode and Orion.Nodes? It seems to me an IpNode is part of a SubNet, and no direct connection exists to an actual Node entity.

If that's the case, my follow up question is: Does SolarWinds IPAM have a concept of a device? Some entity that can share multiple IpNodes and relate them together? Currently I'm thinking this is not part of the functionality of SolarWinds IPAM, but I'm double checking here on Thwack to be sure.

Thanks~

• You are correct, IPAM IPNodes are referring to a specific IP as an object, and has no concept of a device using multiple addresses.  I want to say in the current versions there isn't even really a relationship defined between nodes in NPM/SAM and IP's in IPAM, but I know I've worked up scripts and custom reports and such to correlate that kind of info for clients before.