This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to set AcknowledgeBy for Orion.AlertStatus?

Hi hi,

I'd like to set the AcknowledgeBy when Acknowledging an alert. I can Ack the alert no problem, but the AcknowledgeBy is always set as the user in the REST Auth header. This is my payload:

[

[

{

"DefinitionId": "GUID",

"ObjectType": "Node",

"AcknowledgedBy": "jomama",

"ObjectId": 2,

"Notes" : "Testing ACK With API and jomama"

}

]

];

This is the endpoint I'm using:

localhost:17778/.../Acknowledge

Is it possible to set the AcknowledgeBy via REST API when acknowledging?

Thanks!

• Acknowledged by will always be set to the user context associated with the acknowledge request. However, it is possible to override this user context at the request level. If you authenticate (the HTTP Authorization header) as an admin-level Orion user, you can add an HTTP header "X-SolarWinds-Impersonate" whose value is the name of another Orion user account. The impersonation target must be a valid Orion user account that is not disabled or locked out - you can't just put an arbitrary string there. Assuming those requirements are met, then the request will be handled as if it were made by the impersonated user. This includes authorization checks like user rights and account limitations as well as the identity used for audit events.