This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to manage new devices in NCM using REST API?

Hi,

I would like to know how to manage new discovered devices in NCM using REST API? For example I set a scheduled discovery of network devices, after discovered, can I managed them using REST API by setting them to be managed by NCM, and setting the NCM "Connection Profile" using REST API?

Thanks,

Jinqiang

• I recently just did something similar, but this should be the uber simplified line that you would be looking for to add a device for management into NCM:

ncmNodeID = swis.invoke('Cirrus.Nodes', 'AddNodeToNCM', nodeid)

You just need to know the NPM node Id to toggle adding the node into NCM.

• Thanks for your help. I have successfully added the node into ncm using the "addnodetoncm" function. But I could not find a function to assign a connectionprofile to it, so I am not able to auto download the config until I manually login to change the connectionprofile. Any idea how to do that using REST API?

Thanks,

Jinqiang

• Not yet.  I had started down that path, but it looks like what I have in my notes is to invoke the Cirrus.Nodes AddConnectionProfile.

But I don't have a working solution on this just yet.

• Hi Jinqiang,

This works for me:

addProfile = swis.update(uri,ConnectionProfile=vendorCP)

vendorCP is the name of the connection profile.  HTH.

Scot