Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Get-Swisdata to return all properties.

Jump to solution

Hi

I am trying to get back all the properties that I am able to get data from. Is there a select query to do this?

currently I am doing

Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT IPAddress, Caption, Status FROM Orion.Nodes"

This returns a subset of data. I am looking for all the properties that I can get data from.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi,

Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT Name FROM Metadata.Property where EntityName = 'Orion.Nodes'"

This should give you all the properties in an entity.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Level 7

I have pulled back all the data that the parmeters but do not find one thing I am looking for.

Within the ip management console I can see under the "Status" weather an ip is used, available, reserved, or transient. I do not get this data under the status when I run the query. Is this in a different "NODE"

I want to see the IPs that are reserved so we can put in the proper server information we are trying to clean up the ip manager to get the data associated with the proper servers and remove all the stale info.

Thank you all for your help.

0 Kudos

I had to do the same and there is a status integer under the IPAM node SWQL - though I could not find a status friendly name column - had to manually case them into reserved, used, transient, available.

Thanks,

Christian

0 Kudos
Level 10

Hi,

start your Database Manager on your Win 2012 System.

Add Default Server (only click on it) and after that scroll down to your table "Nodes" and with a right click you can display the Details of the table.

visa.PNG

in the columns you can see all properties.

Kind regards,

flo

Thank you

Is there a way to do this through powershell?  Am I also using this against the righ product. I am trying to query the information in the ip address manager.

I know the * is not supported but is there something else that can be used as a wildcard for the select?

get-swisdata "select "wildcard here" from Orion.nodes"

and this would return all the parameters with the data for it.

I am not really the solarwinds person who manages this tool but more of a powershell scripter that wants the data so we can clean up the tool for it does not have the correct data in it and we need to resolve this.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT Name FROM Metadata.Property where EntityName = 'Orion.Nodes'"

This should give you all the properties in an entity.

View solution in original post

Thank you for the help. This worked great. Now I am able to identify the parameters that have the data I am interested in.

0 Kudos