This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Error at AddNodeToNCM Verb

Hi everyone,

I got this error, "Unable to create object to run property against" while adding node to NCM. I use a library, which is coded by myself (C#), and I also successfully added nodes to NCM via this library at any other customers. I mean There is no problem about the library. Any ideas for this error?

PS: I also added XML req and detailed error mesaage at InformationService log file as a comment .

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

• <s:Envelope xmlns:s="">schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../">
    <s:Header>
    <i18n xmlns="">schemas.solarwinds.com/.../informationservice" xmlns:i="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance">
    <Culture>en-US</Culture>
    </i18n>
    <To s:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns="">schemas.microsoft.com/.../To>
    <Action s:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns="">schemas.microsoft.com/.../Action>
    </s:Header>
    <s:Body>
    <Invoke xmlns="">schemas.solarwinds.com/.../informationservice">
    <entity>Cirrus.Nodes</entity>
    <verb>AddNodeToNCM</verb>
    <parameters xmlns:a="">schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Xml" xmlns:i="">www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance">
    <a:XmlElement>
    <coreNodeId xmlns="">36583</coreNodeId>
    </a:XmlElement>
    </parameters>
    </Invoke>
    </s:Body>
    </s:Envelope>

SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.InformationService - Exception caught in method Invoke

SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutorException: Verb Cirrus.Nodes.AddNodeToNCM: Unable to create object instance to run property against ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Castle.Windsor, Version=3.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=407dd0808d44fbdc' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at SolarWinds.Data.Providers.NCM.Invokers.NodeInvoker..ctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)

at SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbCache.GetVerbContext(String entity, String verb, VerbExecutor& executor, VerbExecutorContext& context)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbCache.GetVerbContext(String entity, String verb, VerbExecutor& executor, VerbExecutorContext& context)

at SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.InformationService.Invoke(String entity, String verb, XmlElement[] parameters)

• So this code works in other environments but not this one? Is it possible that you don't have admin rights in NCM for this user?

• I agree that the problem is not in the code in your library.  I think the key is here:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Castle.Windsor, Version=3.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=407dd0808d44fbdc' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

That error message is coming from the Orion server, when SWIS tries to handle your request.  It suggests that your Orion installation has been corrupted.  It can't locate Castle.Windsor.dll, which is one of the libraries it needs to function correctly.  I would suggest repairing or reinstalling to make sure Orion is healthy.

• Hi again,

I changed the SWIS url to v3, then error has gone. I think it is related to NCM version. I hope this topic is useful for someone who receives this error.

Thanks everyone.