I am trying to get a node's resource list using the REST api with http calls. I can launch the job and check its status. But when making the request Invoke/Orion.Nodes/ImportListResourcesResult I'm always getting the error:
One of the known types provided to the serializer via 'knownTypes' argument was invalid because it was null. All known types specified must be non-null values.
Probably because I am a bit new to Solarwinds I have no clue what the error is referring to.
What I do:
There seems to be a timeout for importing the resource list, but I am pretty certain I'm doing the import request within seconds once the status became ReadyForImport.
Am I missing something in the import request ? Or maybe Solarwinds is incorrectly configured ?
Many thanks for helping a struggling SW newbee ! 🙂
I'm still experiencing this issue. I upgraded from 2019.4 to 2020.2 last week, but all jobs go into 'Unknown' state.
I tried via script using this: https://github.com/solarwinds/OrionSDK/blob/master/Samples/PowerShell/ImportListResources.ps1. But to eliminate potential script errors also tried directly through SWQL Studio.
I've restarted services and even rebooted the servers, no joy.
100% of "ScheduleListResource" jobs stays in 'unknown' state, don't know why (tested on hundred node).
Where are located discovery jobs ? In database ?
$result = Invoke-SwisVerb $swis "orion.nodes" "ScheduleListResources" 221
Invoke-SwisVerb $swis "orion.nodes" "GetScheduledListResourcesStatus" @($result.'#text', 221)
SAM: 2019.4.1 | Orion Platform HF4, NCM HF1, NPM HF2, NTA, UDT HF2: 2019.4
Solarwinds does not provide support of this.....
This script is automation using swis commands, I use the same commands
$result = Invoke-SwisVerb $swis "orion.nodes" "ScheduleListResources" 221 #to launch the discovery
Invoke-SwisVerb $swis "orion.nodes" "GetScheduledListResourcesStatus" @($result.'#text', 221) #to get discovery result
I relaunch the 2nd command 5/10/30/60 minutes after, the result is still "unknown".
*Sometimes* it works, better chance if the agent has just been installed (90% failed), but for previously installed agent, 100% failed
Gave you a thumbs up to increase visability. Hopefully someone chimes in, I'm getting what I assume is the same error. For me the job is stuck in 'Unknown' status. I've tried this on Agent based nodes as well as SNMP.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.