This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom queries not working normally after upgrade from IPAM 4.3 to 4.3.2

Hi all,

I have a question on the custom queries. Seems like the custom queries are not working normally after the IPAM upgrade. Did anyone encounter similar issue? I have attached the screenshots on the issue.

The custom queries will time out and not show the results. Capture1 show that the queries are not working, capture2 is the SQL query.

Thank you

attachments.zip
  • Try looking in the SWISv3 log to see what the actual error is. C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\InformationService\v3.0\Orion.InformationService.log

• Hi tdanner,

Thanks for the reply. i checked the Orion.InformationService.log file and i am unable to locate the error message.

There is a weird situation where by i notice if i do a search for the subnet, it will return me some values (refer to capture 3). It showed 76201 entry but in the documentation portion, it only show a single entry for the IP 10.10.10.248 (refer to capture 4 and 4a). Seems like this happened in IPAM 4.3.2 as I did not encounter such error while using IPAM 4.3. I have open ticket with Solarwinds on this matter but their feedback was they are not able to support me in custom query.

Capture 3

Capture3.JPG

Capture 4

Capture4.JPG

Capture 4a

Capture4a.JPG

• The duplicate records are a known issue (IPAM-606). You should be able to work around that by changing the query from SELECT to SELECT DISTINCT.

For the failed queries, try adding "ORDER BY 1" to the end of the query.

• Hi tdanner,

Thanks for the fast response. It solved the problem as well emoticons_happy.png

solar.JPG