This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Chart with Data driven by SWQL QuerySQL

I am having real problems ... nothing I have seen before and wondered if anyone knows why

I generate data using an SQL query. Relatively simple  ... Links a bit of Data

SELECT s.TimeStamp, n.SysName, a.InstanceName, d.Name, f.PhysicalName, f.Size, f.UsedSpace

FROM Orion.Nodes n

,Orion.APM.SqlServerApplication a

,Orion.APM.SqlDatabase d

,Orion.APM.SqlDatabaseFile f

,Orion.APM.SqlDatabaseFileStatistic s

WHERE n.SysName = 'XXXXXXXXXXX'

AND n.NodeId = a.NodeId

AND d.ApplicationId = a.ApplicationId

AND d.DatabaseId = f.SQLDatabaseId

AND f.databasefileid = s.databasefileid

AND f.FileType = 0  AND d.Name = 'msdb'

order by n.SysName, a.InstanceName, d.Name, f.PhysicalName

Produces the data I want:

pastedImage_1.png

However, when I try and Throw the same datasource into the Chart  and select "ADD DATA SERIES"  I get this?

pastedImage_0.png

Settings are :

pastedImage_2.png

Where am I going wrong?

• You just click the add data series and select the data you want to chart out, looks like it would probably be usedspace in this case. You'll have to specify the name of the time column, obviously you'd pick timestamp.

Group by and Legend shows should both be physicalname

• The issue is that I get a chart selection saying nothing to select. so cannot add anything.

• Assuming you set the data source the same way between the chart and the table you showed the it feels like maybe you are experiencing some kind of bug. Are you running the latest release? there was a bug in it that messed up certain types of custom charts with swql/sql data sources but that was fixed with HF2, so if you are on 12.5 and not on HF2 that might be it, otherwise I'd try a configuration wizard and maybe open a support ticket.