This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Change NCM Device Template Passwords via API

Hi Guys,

i am challenged with the task to change the passwords of technical users more frequently. Those technical users are used in the NCM templates. The process should be somehow automated.

Is there a possibility to modify passwords via API?

If more input is needed let me know.

Thanks,

Holger

• There are zero places in the API to touch any credentials tables. emoticons_sad.png  Been a pain point for me in a few cases as well.

• In terms of automation, i suspect you might be able to get away with something like a AutoIT/AutoHotKey job to periodically update them in the GUI, or if you have WPM I've rigged things up in the past for it to perform web based GUI driven work for me before.  You could edit the contents of the password that you need to change programmatically through manipulating the XML for the recordings, I've done this before to test a proof of concept.

• I almost suspected that when browsing through the SWQL studio, didn't find anything that was remotely close to what I was looking for. I was hoping that I am just too impatient to find it.

Thanks for your feedback mesverrum