cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Adding Hardware Health Details

Jump to solution

I'm able to successfully create nodes with the SDK (via PowerShell). However, a new node I create that way doesn't have any Hardware Health status (fans, power supplies, etc.). At first I thought it might be a missing poller, but a GUI-created device with Hardware Health status doesn't have any additional pollers compared to my SDK-created device.

-Eric

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi,

the problem here is that the Hardware Health pollers are not stored in Pollers table. And the table which does contain them cannot be accessed by SDK. You won't be able to set the Hardware Health polling by SDK. You need to use discovery or you can start the Hardware Health polling on specific nodes by using the List Resources functionality on theirs Node details page.

-Dalibor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Level 8

I tried adding both of these pollers:

N.HardwareHealthMonitoring.SNMP.HP

N.AssetInventory.Snmp.Generic

However, the hardware health status still doesn't show up (which I suspected, given that GUI-created nodes don't have those pollers yet they do have Hardware Health information). So there is definitely some other mechanism in SolarWinds that determines whether Hardware Health status is on other than pollers. I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me what that mechanism is...

0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem here is that the Hardware Health pollers are not stored in Pollers table. And the table which does contain them cannot be accessed by SDK. You won't be able to set the Hardware Health polling by SDK. You need to use discovery or you can start the Hardware Health polling on specific nodes by using the List Resources functionality on theirs Node details page.

-Dalibor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

That's too bad. Hardware Health is the last thing we need to completely automate our node creation with the SDK. Can I put in an official request or vote somewhere that this feature be added?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos

I added your vote to our bug for this issue and notified the product manager.

0 Kudos

Hi tdanner,

Is this post still accurate? Have there been any changes to adding HW monitoring using the SDK?

Thanks,

Tony

It is still not possible to add just the hardware health polling, but you can use the discovery API to add everything for a node, including hardware health. See this post for details: Re: Re: How do we programmatically discover the non-interface properties [in Orion] and enable them

Hello, tdanner.

Can you say if it is still the same situation? No Hardware health monitoring via SDK ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos

No change in NPM 12.

Is it still not possible to add hardware health sensors without discovery?

Does this cover it??  https://github.com/solarwinds/OrionSDK/wiki/Hardware-Health

Curious where does this hardware health type reside in the DB or SWQL tables?

0 Kudos

Found it:  SELECT pollingmethod
FROM Orion.HardwareHealth.HardwareInfoBase

0 Kudos

Thanks Danner! that's what i was looking for.

0 Kudos