This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Add entries to Orion.DeviceStudio.PollerAssignments

I'm using the REST API to create nodes and assign pollers - it works great.

But I'd also like to be able to assign a Device Studio poller to a node after I've created it (mostly so that the node is assigned the correct MachineType - the MIBs I am working with are not publicly available).

Unfortunately SQLStudio shows that the Orion.DeviceStudio.PollerAssignments object is not write-able: 

SWQL_DeviceStudio.PNG

There also seems to be no verb which will enable this.

Is there any method I can use to assign a node to a device studio poller via the REST API, or if not do you know of any plans to add support for this in a future release?

• Hey Were you able to perform this? I am on the same spot that you at this moment

• Unfortunately you have to "fiddle" in the database on that. It is not recommended that you do that but it seems possible.

You need to add a new poller assignment to the table that looks somewhat like that.

insert into [dbo].[DeviceStudio_PollerAssignments] (PollerID, NetObjectType, NetObjectID, enabled)
    values ('39611555418-e7ff-426f-b06a-5015f3e2465b','N','12345', 'true')

The Poller ID can be obtained from [dbo].[DeviceStudio_Pollers]

it's nowhere near "a nice solution" but it works