Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Add application to group members without NodeID definition

Jump to solution

Hi. I use this json string to add the application to the group members list:

{"Name": "Related application",
"Definition": "swis://solarwinds/Orion/Orion.Nodes/NodeID=113/Applications/ApplicationID=27"}

Can I do it without defining of NodeID?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

In short, because that's how they structured the schema.  All child objects of nodes include their parent node in the path.  In theory someone else could have written the schema to just skip straight to the object but that's not how it was done in SWQL so we have to send our requests in the format that the software expects or we get errors.

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MVP
MVP

SAM templates have to be applied to nodes to become application monitors. That's what that URI is telling us.

Under what situation would you have an application that doesn't have a node associated with it?

0 Kudos

So every application monitor has it's own unique ID. Why defining of nodeID is mandatory?

0 Kudos

In short, because that's how they structured the schema.  All child objects of nodes include their parent node in the path.  In theory someone else could have written the schema to just skip straight to the object but that's not how it was done in SWQL so we have to send our requests in the format that the software expects or we get errors.

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Are we talking about the same application monitor? It's what you get when you assign a SAM template to a node. You can't have an application monitor without a node, even if it's not a real node with statistics (external, for example).

0 Kudos

Of course you are right, but this is not answer to my question.

0 Kudos

My apologies. The answer is no.

0 Kudos