cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Add Asset Inventory to (WMI) Node

Hi,

Is there any way to add asset inventory via SWIS? Like using create or invoke methods. If possible, can you give an example?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Level 11

I try this code but got that error, "Entity Orion.AssetInventory.Polling does not contain any key properties. Parameter name: entityType"

swis.Create("Orion.AssetInventory.Polling", new PropertyBag

{

{"EntityType", "Orion.AssetInventory.Polling"},

{"NodeID", pai.NodeID},

{"PollingDescriptionName", pai.PollingDescriptionName}

});

0 Kudos

Hi,

Programmatically configuring Asset Inventory is not supported right now. We have an internal ticket to add it as a feature. The ticket number is 348041 if you want to check on status in the future.

Still not on the radar for 2019?

0 Kudos

From what I can tell, this is not supported yet.  The internal ticket number is now SAM-7966 instead of 348041.

0 Kudos

As of the 2020.2 release there are PollNow, EnablePollingForNodes, and DisablePollingForNodes verbs on Orion.AssetInventory.Polling:

http://solarwinds.github.io/OrionSDK/2020.2/schema/Orion.AssetInventory.Polling.html

0 Kudos

Sooooo is this supported in 2018 ?

0 Kudos

No, it is not.

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply madhavan,

I will wait to supporting this feature. I hope it will be asap.

0 Kudos

Was there ever any update to this ticket?

Did internal ticket number 348041 ever see the light of day?

0 Kudos

No update here. This is still not supported.

0 Kudos

How about now?  This is exactly what I'm looking for on a project I'm running or is ticket number 348041 still quietly accumulating dust?  I'm actually attempting to use the REST API as opposed to SWIS, if it makes any difference.

0 Kudos

The fastest way to enable asset inventory in mass is to create a discovery job on all the nodes you want it enabled on.  This will delete historical data but will enable the option as long as the target device is communicating with something other than ICMP. 

0 Kudos