This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Showing Change When Routing Protocol Down but Physical Circuit is Up

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and would like to pose a question that I haven't seen answered in the videos/articles I've consulted:

On a network map created via Network Atlas, is it possible to have a link between two sites change status (preferably via color coding along the connection, or some such) when a routing protocol such as ISIS is down (intentionally or otherwise) but the physical link is up and healthy?  I've seen some related items on BGP, but the methods mentioned don't seem like they would apply in this case.  We've thought about using link utilization as a proxy for the routing being down (the assumption being that there would be little/no traffic if it were), but the problem is that our intersite routing logic is such that some links don't handle much/any traffic to begin with - they are either backup routes or are only used for certain types of traffic which only occur periodically.  Any help would be appreciated.  Please let me know if further clarification is needed.  Thanks.