cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

NTM and Viptela vEdge devices

We are replacing some Cisco Routers at branch sites with Viptela vEdge 1000 devices, and so far I have had no luck getting NTM to see them in the topology. SNMP setup on the Viptela looks the same as the old router, and still scanning the rest of the network devices fine. Anyone else had trouble or can confirm success with getting these to scan?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 8

Same here.

we are using SNMP v3, SHA1, AES128

vEDGE Device can be added and monitored via "Manage Nodes" and it's showing Interface utilization

From NTM server a snmmpwalk is working fine. (tested with Solarwinds and 3rd party snmpwalk)

But when trying to add SNMP v3 credential in NTM the "Test Credential" doesn't work.

From my pov this is the root cause for not being able to discover vEDGE devices with NTM.

Seems that something is messed up in NTM when trying to use snmpv3. At least with SHA1, AES128

0 Kudos
Level 15

0 Kudos
Level 15

If you get an SNMPwalk on these devices do that match the same thing you are seeing on the Cisco devices?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Did some additional digging and looks like only the Cisco Viptela SD-WAN devices use AES128 Priv as that is all that is supported. I verified that Username/Auth/Priv combo successfully in NTM but I setup a second user for that configuration, NTM scan sees the device and adds to the map,  but does not show any connections to the upstream equipment.

I tried an SNMPWalk from the NTM server, but it seems like it just runs forever so I am assuming I am doing it incorrectly. Need to learn about how to do that now, I suppose.

0 Kudos