This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTM Automation

Hello

I am new to the product, can i know if the product supports the following

1. Map network instantly

2. Automate the workflow

3. visibility for live Data

Cheers

AV

• None of those, the topology mapping is not instant, and often takes a significant amount of "post processing" that has to be done by hand, no api or programmatic capability exists.  There is no capability to live data beyond re-running the discovery that created the map initially.

• It does not. How it works is you have to know your entire credential library since it doesn't import it from NPM and then it scans the network which depending on how large your network is can take a while and then gives you topology diagrams. I wouldn't consider it an enterprise ready tool. Hoping Solarwinds improves on it.

• The PM's for NTM have come into here often and said they will continue to throw small improvements and patches/fixes into NTM, but in their view this product fills a niche in terms of a low cost product that is easy enough to use for simple environments (List price is only $1495 flat out).  NTM will not become an enterprise grade tool for major environments supporting all the above listed features, Solarwinds currently does not sell a product that does that.  The benchmark for that kind of thing is usually Netbrain, but it is famously expensive. I expect that if SW does get around to attacking this particular need at the enterprise level it will be an entirely new product, and an entirely new licensing model.