This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What am I doing wrong? Not getting any flows from this device?

Hi,

Can someone point me in the right direction, I am not getting any flows from this cisco C9500-32QC device.

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.11.01.

Other devices works, and this is the first 9500 I´m trying to add.

Error message:NetFlow Receiver Service [***] received an invalid V9 template with ID 256 from device *.*.*.*

Config as below:

flow record Record
match ipv4 protocol
match ipv4 source address
match ipv4 destination address
match transport source-port
match transport destination-port
match flow direction

flow exporter Exporter
destination *.*.*.*
source Vlan****
ttl 210
transport udp 2055
template data timeout 60

flow monitor Monitor
exporter Exporter
cache timeout inactive 120
cache timeout active 60
record Record

sampler Sampler
mode random 1 out-of 1024

interface FortyGigabitEthernet1/0/1

ip flow monitor Monitor sampler Sampler input
ip flow monitor Monitor sampler Sampler output

I cant figure out what´s wrong?

Thankful for some insight in this.

//M

• Try using the "netflow-original" records rather than your own.   Pretty sure you're missing some stuff that needs to be there.   Just change your flow monitor to have "record netflow-original".    You can show the "netflow-original" record by doing a "show flow record name netflow-original".

Is the interface shown below (FortyGigabitEthernet1/0/1) the only one your monitoring?  If so, monitoring both directions should be ok, otherwise the more standard approach is to monitor only the input on all interfaces on a box.   You run the chance of seeing double the flows if you monitor both directions on an interface...

• Hi again,

Thanks for reply, but that record doesnt seem to exist on my device, the only preconfigured template is a "wireless" template.

//M