cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Stand Alone NTA?

Jump to solution

Our server admin is building a new netflow server and asking what needs to be done for the Solarwinds netflow to be installed on it.  We currently have a Solarwinds engine with multiple modules installed including NTA.

My understanding is that NTA is a module of Solarwinds, so it can't be stand alone on a separate server.  My initial search through the forum led to a question from 2011 where the answer was no.  Is this info still true?  Or is there a way to install NTA on a separate server from the main polling engine?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 17

NTA is the only module that is not stand-alone. It requires NPM and needs to be installed on the same server as NPM. 

NTA utilizes two SQL databases, the Orion database, and the NTA SQL Flow Storage database, in which both can be located on the same SQL server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 17

NTA is the only module that is not stand-alone. It requires NPM and needs to be installed on the same server as NPM. 

NTA utilizes two SQL databases, the Orion database, and the NTA SQL Flow Storage database, in which both can be located on the same SQL server.

View solution in original post

My understanding is that NTA always gets installed with NPM (but I could be wrong). You can use additional polling engines to take flow data though. 

0 Kudos
Level 16

It is an add on product to NPM.