This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwind NTA to capture traffic from gigamon

Hi guys, I currently doing some POC on gigamon GigaVUE-HC2 G1000C0 and solarwind NTA.I quite new in solarwinds and gigamon. I already installs the NPM and NTA on server and the gigamon also has been configured. I tried to monitor traffic on gigamon on NTA but it seem failed. I choose to add node to add gigamon on solarwinds (i tried both external node and SNMP) nothing happen unless it shows the traffic in and out if i choose the SNMP.

• Did you have any success getting flow data to NTA w\Gigamon?

• To export Netflow from a Gigamon, you have to have the license as well as setup the Gigamon Netflow export configuration.

To check if you have the license, type show license from your device. For example, this is what mine shows;

<device name> # show license
    ---------
    Box 1
    ---------
    Slot Feature Parameters Start Date Expiration Date
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1   netflow                               Never

If you have the license, you then need to setup everything on the Gigamon. This is not a simple process if you aren't very familiar with the feature (I had our Gigamon SE assist). Basically, you have to create the NetFlow records, the monitor, the exporter, etc...This is quite similar to what I have done on Cisco routers.

What's different on the Gigamon is that you also need to create and assign GigaSmart features. These features require you to create the group, alias, tunnel info, and other parameters that allow you to take the info you want to export and get it over to NTA.

I suggest you verify if you have the license. If you do, you should have your Gigamon SE assist. Gigamon was very helpful. In fact, I had the license for a bit and they kept asking me if I wanted to setup a meeting to do the actual work. With their assistance, I was exporting Netflow soon after.

Hope this helps.