This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Show throughput of a conversation (e.g. XMbps)?

Hello,

Is it possible to show the throughput of a flow in NTA 4.0? I find a conversation with NTA between A and B and using a Top XX Conversations resource I can see the ingress bytes, egress bytes, ingress packets and egress packets but can I find out what the average throughput was? e.g. 20Mbps over 1 hour?

Am I missing a resource? Or is this simply not possible? I'm looking for functionality similar to NetQoS.

Thanks.

• Hi,

this is only matter of settings. So please switch the Top 5 Conversations to area chart:

1) click Edit button on Top 5 Conversations resource

2) choose Area charts

3) submit changes

- see attached pictures

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Now you can see that conversation between 192.168.1.19 and 192.168.1.86 is from 10 kbps to 30 kbps (average 20 kbps).

Thanks and have a nice day

J. Cermak

• Thank you! I've changed the default NTA settings to display the default unit type from data transferred per time interval to rate. Now the detailed charts make much more sense.