This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Sflow problems: how to get it working?

I looked through the Sflow guide and it appeared to imply that you had to run some custom mibs to get the sflow working in a way orion recognizes.

Is there any other way to get sflow to actually work? Without having run those steps I have tried to have sflow be sent to NTA and it simply doesn't even recognize it at all.

I say this because our net admins don't want to change sflow settings on the switches themselves.

• I didn't have to work with any mibs for sflow to work properly on my NTA

The default port on my DELL PowerConnect switches for sflow was 6343, so I verified that NTA was setup for the same port

sflow settings.JPG

Then configured my switches to send the sflow data to my NTA server in the sflow receivers

That was all

You will need to configure your switches with your sflow collector (NTA server) to be able to read the sflow data

what model switches do you have?

why does you Net Admin not want to do this?