This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL Report For Top Conversations

Hi All,

I am trying to write a query to return the top 5 conversations within the last 15 minutes for a particular network interface. My goal is to use this in an alert. Here is what I currently have:

SELECT A.StartTime, A.InterfaceID, ntra.Hostname, ntra2.Hostname, A.TotalOutBytes

FROM (SELECT TOP 5 *,DATEDIFF(MINUTE,StartTime,GETDATE()) as DateDif

FROM [dbo].[NetFlowTopXXConversations]

WHERE InterfaceID=1

ORDER BY DateDif ASC,TotalOutBytes DESC) A

LEFT JOIN [dbo].[NetFlowResolvedAddress] ntra

on ntra.IPAddressSort=A.IPSort1

LEFT JOIN [dbo].[NetFlowResolvedAddress] ntra2

on ntra2.IPAddressSort=A.IPSort2

I am by no means a SQL guru (I'm sure my query is terribly ugly to some of you who are), but this successfully gives me the top 5 egress conversations which have started most recently. The results are often similar to what I see in the web console for the past 15 minutes, but the problem is that some conversations may have started an hour ago and spiked in the last 5 minutes, but by the above query they wont show up. Does anyone have a query for this or know of a way to return the top conversations from just the past 15 minutes?

Thanks!