This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow Flow Source Manager issues- shows never received but is receiving and storing data

I have been adding netflow to cisco devices and Solarwinds is picking them up automatically and storing the data due to a setting I have to accept unknown flow data. When I got to manager Flow source to see sample rate and manually select it to store data it states it has never received a flow for any of these interfaces.

How can it be accumulating historical data as well as current data but the flow source manager states it has never received any flow? 

*Edit*

In the flow manager I changed it to node instead of interfaces and it shows information but I still find it interesting it shows no flow received for those interfaces. I use the loopback of the switch to send but specifically apply the flow monitor to the routed interfaces. 

• We'll need to take a closer look at this one to understand what's going on. There may be some mis-match between the configuration data we'll polling with SNMP, and the interface indexes we see in the flow records. Usually, to resolve this we'd capture a pcap from the device to the Orion flow collector with flow records. And then, we'd take an SNMP walk from the device to see what the interface indexing looks like.

You can open a support ticket with these two things in hand, and that should speed up the process. If you have trouble getting a support ticket opened, DM me and I'll help find a resource that can assist.

• For some reason I wasn't getting notifications I had replies on my threads. I submitted a case last week and the diagnostics were submitted to the engineering team.

• This is a bug that has been identified in the latest release of NTA 2020.2.1

Solarwinds support applied a custom fix (buddy drop) to resolve the issue.