This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NetFlow reporting fields

Hi;

I need to perform an audit of the existing NetFlow environment to see what is being monitored and what data is coming into the database. SNMP etc.

What is the best way to develop a report for this, since I don't know the database field name and descriptions?

Is there a listing of the database field name and descriptions?

Thanks

• Are your asking to generate an actual report on the list of all devices/nodes including interfaces that are using NTA application? and what data are they collecting?

Do you mind telling the version of your NTA?

• Hi ice;

Thanks for getting back to me. I am working with SVBank on this analysis.

Orion 2014.2.1

Qoe 1.0

IPAM 4.3

NCM 7.3.2

NPM 11.0.1

NTA 3.11.0

IVIM 1.10.0

I need to audit all of the NetFlow Sources that are reporting to NetFlow to ensure that we are getting all of the devices reporting correctly and also see what version of NetFlow is on the router/switch.

Is the database schema available for the NetFlow database fields so that I can see all of the reporting fields available? This is the first of many audits that I need to do.

All Router details

Status up or down

IP

Machine type, etc

Interfaces

All Interface details

Name

Type

Type of service

NetFlow Version

Etc

I need to use the Report writer for this type of detain and then I need to export this to a spreadsheet for analysis.

This is a learning experience for me, and I need to understand all of the various database fields that I can access for the report writer.

Once I have this first one I can probably do it on my own.

• Hi ice;

I also think that I might have aproblem with the report writer. After I copy and create a new report, I don’t have the SQL Tab so that I can see the query or even create an advanced query.

Don

attachments.zip
  • You can do it via Orion Report Writer. When you choose new report, you can use Current Node, Interface Status. This should bring your those information except "netflow version" and any other information on netflow.

That SQL tab will only appear if the Report Template is "Advance SQL" template. Check on New report >> Advance SQL.

• Thanks;

I’ll give that a try.

Do you have answers for the other questions that I asked?

Don

attachments.zip
  • That SQL tab will only appear if the Report Template is "Advance SQL" template. Check on New report >> Advance SQL.