This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NetFlow does not work w/Account limitations

FormerMember
FormerMember
I installed NetFlow over Orion 8. Then I went to specific users and told them about it...to login and look at what NetFlow can/is doin for us. Users came back to me saying they were getting a SQL error.

I opened a ticket w/Support. We discovered that NetFlow does not work for users configured w/Account Limitations.

I have to be able to have Account Limitations. I have 20 users config'd only to see their devices.

I need to know when SolarWinds will have this working?

Jay Beville
Cirro Networx
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember
    We are about to release 2.0, which will not support Account limitations, but we plan to have another release this summer that will support Orion account limitations.

Denny LeCompte
    Sr. Product Manager, Orion
    SolarWinds
  • We are also waiting for this.. our netflow implementation is only half complete.. We are not able to supply any logins to clients.. I hope this feature is available soon..
  • Oh.. Also, I do have a small work around..

Not 100% sure if it will work with what you need..

But if you give the users the correct access in the admin. And supply them with the URL of the netflow main view for the node. They are able to view the netflow details with the URL..

You could possibly create a menubar item that will link to this URL.