This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NetFlow Setup Problem

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this & am trying out the NteFlow monitor in Orions (v8).

I have installed the NetFlow component to an existing Orion-v8 setup & the install process looked fine.

For some reason I am getting a yellow message in the NF Traffic Analyzer telling me:

NetFlow Receiver Service [NMA-ORION] is receiving a NetFlow data stream from an unmanaged interface on 172.16.0.226. The NetFlow data stream will be discarded. Please use the Orion System Manager to add Interface #11 in order to process this NetFlow data stream.

That IP address is a 2621 router that has all interfaces (S & FA) monitored in the NPM setup. NPM seems to work just fine looking at the data from the router. I am interested in the WAN data from the S0 interface, so I have setup the "ip route-cache flow" and "ip flow-export..." stuff for S0.

However, the message... & I don't know what it means by "Interface #11" anyway....

Can anyone help??

Thanks

Simon
  • I'm told they will be adding a feature to the upcoming release that will let you pick specifically which interfaces you want to accept data from on the netflow engine. Until then, I think the #11 refers to the IFindex value. You can pull this with an snmpwalker.

Paul
  • You can also run the following and get the if index number...example below...

sumcompanyswitch#sho snmp mib ifmib ifindex
    EOBC0/0: Ifindex = 124
    GigabitEthernet1/1: Ifindex = 1
    GigabitEthernet1/10: Ifindex = 10
    GigabitEthernet1/11: Ifindex = 11
    GigabitEthernet1/12: Ifindex = 12
    GigabitEthernet1/13: Ifindex = 13
    GigabitEthernet1/14: Ifindex = 14
    GigabitEthernet1/15: Ifindex = 15
    GigabitEthernet1/16: Ifindex = 16
    GigabitEthernet1/17: Ifindex = 17
    GigabitEthernet1/18: Ifindex = 18
    GigabitEthernet1/19: Ifindex = 19
    GigabitEthernet1/2: Ifindex = 2
    GigabitEthernet1/20: Ifindex = 20
    GigabitEthernet1/21: Ifindex = 21
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember
    You can also use the EE toolset "MIB Browser" to find the if index.

Use MIB "IF-MIB:ifXTABLE" (1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1) to view the info for your router/switch. It will give you the index correlation to the slot/port.
  • If you right click on an interface in the Orion System Manager and select Interface Details you will also be able to see the if index
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember
    This selection feature is available in NTA 2.0.

Denny LeCompte
    Sr. Product Manager, Orion
    SolarWinds